Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting into the holiday spirit

For those in the US how was your Thanksgiving? Ours was pretty nice. My stepson spent Wednesday night with us and all three of us went to spin class and to workout at the gym early Thanksgiving morning. It was nice.

We cooked a ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus and acorn squash plus hubs made deviled eggs. We also had a pumpkin pie (for stepson) and a strawberry rhubarb (for hubby). I had a slice of each, yes I did LOL Definitely not as much as years past but that is OK with me. Christmas Eve and Christmas I presume will be much different since we'll have a lot more company. Excited about that because my stepdaughter and my parent's will come into town.

Kev and I are getting ready to head to Jamaica and we cannot wait. It's going to be a much needed relaxing vacation. I won't be posting on this blog while I'm gone but will have a recap with pictures upon our return so be on the look out.

Yesterday, my Twitter friend Robin asked for Christmas CD recommendations and it got me into the holiday spirit having to get them all out so I started to play them while working. Now I can't stop listening! Here are some of my favorite holiday music CD's. What are your favorite holiday music CD's?

I still have to get out the Christmas tree and decorate that plus decorate around the house. This year I wanted to have enough ornaments to have a beach/Jamaican themed tree but no such luck. My goal in 2009 is to gather a ton of beach themed ornies like palm trees, flip flops, anything that resembles the beach or Jamaica and have them cover the whole tree next year. We'll see! I found a lot of cool palm tree ornaments on Etsy last night so I'll be shopping away.

Hubby just baked blueberry-bana muffins and they taste so good. We have been sick this week, today is the worst but at least it's before vacation right? I have a huge to-do list for this week so I'm off.

Hope you have a great week! Happy Holiday's

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2008 11:22 PM, Blogger Tishia said...

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. Mine was ok. Can't wait until you get back from Jamaica and have pics to post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home