Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Friday, September 05, 2008

Blog Trip Day 5: Explore the City



Here we are on the last day of the blog trip. It has been fun getting to know so many of you. Today we are exploring our city.

My favorite thing to do, that we do about once a year and I hope to change that is spend the day at Six Flags Great America. I love all the rides and could go on them over and over. Hubby and my stepson are not so much into the spin type rides so I have to ride those alone. Oh well! We went there a few weeks ago and I had a blast. My favorite rides were Vertical Velocity, Superman and Revolution. Do you like amusement parks? If so, please feel free to share your favorites and where they are located. I would love to one day be able to visit them all over the world. How fun would that be?

Next on our trip is the zoo. You definitely don't want to miss the Brookfield Zoo on your trip here. I haven't been there in a long time but would love to go soon. I love animals and they have quite the variety at Brookfield. I like Stingray Bay, Seven Seas and Tropic World. Fun! But there are so many other great exhibits you don't want to miss.

And lastly for today is the grand city of CHICAGO. So much to do and see, I can't even begin to list it all. I haven't been downtown in quite some time but it's an amazing place. I can just hop on the Metra, the regional rail system here to get to the city. A few of the landmarks and places you should definitely visit are the Sears Tower, Navy Pier and the John Hancock Observatory. And before you leave to come visit, try your hand at getting yourself some tickets to the Oprah Winfrey show. I still haven't made it to a show yet and I have lived in the burbs for over 11 years.

So there you have it, a few fun things to do around my town. This has been a blast and I want to thank all of you for stopping by this week to get to know more about me.

Happy Friday!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At September 05, 2008 10:21 AM, Blogger Charlene Juliani said...

Sounds like fun!!

 
At September 05, 2008 11:06 AM, Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Hi, thanks for visiting the blog! Nice to virtually meet you- I follow you on twitter too :-)

 
At September 05, 2008 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish to go there for real...

Waiting you here in Indonesia.. CU

 
At September 05, 2008 12:34 PM, Blogger CynthiaK said...

Looks like a great place to take the family! Thanks for sharing the hot spots and hopefully we'll get down that way in the future!

Crumbs in the Minivan

 
At September 05, 2008 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE Chicago. When I lived in Indiana, we visited as often as we could for the museums and the pizza!

I was THRILLED when I found out they opened a Giordano's down here. :)

 
At September 05, 2008 9:51 PM, Blogger Rhonda Gales said...

I would love to visit Chicago. Attending the Oprah show would be great! It's been nice visiting you. I hope you will be stop by often. We're always listing Give AWay!

 
At September 05, 2008 11:25 PM, Blogger PMKU said...

Six Flags! lucky - they shut ours down a couple of years to go. It was the saddest thing.

 
At September 05, 2008 11:42 PM, Blogger nanaygin said...

It's been a fun 5 day tour! Thanks for sharing. I would love to go there for the pizza and Oprah show. See you around! :)

 
At September 06, 2008 3:37 AM, Blogger Mars said...

sounds like a great place to live in... :)

 
At September 07, 2008 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always good to hear about stuff to do around a different place from a local's perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home