Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Fighting the Flab 2

The 2nd contest over at the WAHM.com Fitness/Weightloss forum started on 10/31/05 and ended 11/28/05. As I mentioned before, we had to choose something we would change and why.

My goal was to add an additional day of exercise to my schedule. Doesn't sound like much but instead of 5 days of exercise, I tried for 6. That means one weekend day..oh my! I have had to take it easy though because for the past few weeks my hip has been hurting. Maybe it has to do with my stretching? Can anyone advise good stretching techniques for before and after major exercise?

I chose to add an extra day of exercise in hopes of losing more inches/weight and to gain more energy!

1st week- 180 total exercise minutes and 7-10 glasses a water each day (6 days)
2nd week- 223 total exercise minutes and 7 glasses of water each day (6 days)
3rd week- 146 total exercise minutes and 7-10 glasses a water each day (5 days)
4th week- 142 total exercise minutes and 7-10 glasses of water each day (4 days)

As you can see, I didn't meet my goal but 2- 6 day weeks were still good for me. I started 10/31/05 weighing 257 and at the end of the 2nd contest I was at 250.

I lost 7 lbs! Whoo hoo! So far since starting my new lifestyle on 8/21/05 it's been a 20 lb total weightloss, 80 more lbs to go until goal. Not too bad! And looks and sounds much better than 100 lbs.

Overall it was a pretty good 4 weeks. I could definitely do better though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home