Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting to know Marie of Mommy Community

There is a fun contest going on at Mom's Radio Network and I'm entering!

I am doing the Mom's Radio Network Host Blog Interview with
Marie Ynami of Mommy Community

Here are just a few questions that popped into my head that I thought might help us get to know Marie a bit better. Enjoy!

1) When did you start Mommy Community and why?

I started Mommy Community in 2003 - initially to drive traffic to a site where I sell stuff. Long story short - I got bored with the selling site but NOT Mommy Community so I ended up keeping it and I must say I am really happy I did - it has grown quite a bit since I first opened the site.

2) What is your favorite part of working from home?

My favorite part of working from home is the fact that I get to work when I want. I am in control of my hours. Where else can you do housework like doing laundry while working? It is kinda hitting 2 birds with one stone. I also like the fact that I am home when the kids get home and I am able to help out in their school - I get to bring the kids lunch sometimes and I get to play with my dogs at home too while I work.

3) Can you explain what a Meme is and how one can get involved in these at Mommy Community?

Ok, I kinda surfed around the web for an easy direct to the point answer and I came up with this ... "A meme is an idea, project, statement or even a question that is posted by one blog and responded to by other blogs. ..." from www.fzelders.nl/weblog/ - I host 2 themed Memes in Mommy Community - one every Mondays called "Monday Mommy Tip" and one every Fridays called "Friday Faves". For bloggers to participate, all they have to do is decide which one they want to participate in - they can do Monday's Only or Fridays Only or both. For the Monday Mommy Tip - simply post a "mommy tip" on a Monday in your blog and link to Mommy Community and for Friday Faves - I usually have a theme each week - for example,
I post my "Favorite Ice Cream Flavor" and I invite others to post their favorite ice cream flavor - they would then post that in their blog and link to Mommy Community. It's a great way to get bloggers to blog about something - it also generates traffic because participants get to leave the link backs to Mommy Community and everyone who participates end up commenting on each others posts - it's quite fun.

4) If you and your hubby could take a vacation alone together, where would you go?

We used to live in Hawaii before we had kids - we have gone back to Hawaii on vacation with the kids - but I think I would like to go back just me and the hubby to sort of reminisce and just enjoy each others company.

5) What is your favorite thing to do as a family?

I love playing games with the family like Guesstures, Pictionary, Catch-a-Phrase ... I love laughing out loud with the the family watching a good comedy. We also enjoy going out fishing and camping and throwing parties with other family members and friends.

Thanks for the interview - the questions were fun!
:) Marie

Marie, thank you very much for playing along. It was great getting to know you better. I also enjoy being able to play with our pets while working from home. They are such a big part of our family.

Be sure to catch archives to the Mommy Community podcast here

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2007 6:37 PM, Blogger Tishia said...

Nice to see you join in on the contest Angie! Good luck :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home