Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Monday, May 05, 2008

My eye, my eye

It was a long weekend and I wish we could start it all over again. Saturday morning, like normal, I was up early with our Basset Hound, Caleb (for those of you who don't know, Caleb has been having some health issues over the past few years and has gotten agressive at times) and I had just let him in from outside. He had a sick tummy a few times this week and when I went to let him in, before his normal breakfast routine, I leaned over him (I should have known better), went to wipe under is mouth and my hand was on his head and all of a sudden he got upset and a bit agressive with me and we collided, his face to mine. I was lucky. He got me right below my left eyebrow and right under my eye. I was yelling, crying or whatever it was more from the sight of the blood (there really wasn't that much but it was all over my hands and face LOL). Hubby came upstairs to help me get Caleb outside, we cleaned it up (I almost blacked out, what a weird feeling) and waited until we could go to our doctor friend. He took us right in and I got a tetanus shot and then he cleaned the wound and put a steri strip on it. He had to put pressure on it when he went to check it out though and once I got in the Jeep and looked at myself, my eye had turned purple. What a mess!

So I am fine but it looks horrible. The swelling yesterday (Sunday) was worse and I was in some pain but I'm on antibiotics and should be good to go. No make up for a few days, scary. So needless to say, I missed our workout at the gym on Saturday but we did go on Sunday. We had to stop at the store for cash for smoothies at the gym and Kev came out with a bouquet of purple tulips and said they were from Caleb and that he was sorry for hurting his momma. Awww

*I updated this post to say that it was just a collision, not a dog bite. We were doing some research and if it was a bite, it would've been much different.

6 Comments:

At May 05, 2008 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Ouch, ouch, ouch!!

But ... that was super-sweet of Kev! Boy, that man of yours just knows all the right moves, doesn't he?

Take care of that eye!

Anita :P

 
At May 05, 2008 3:20 PM, Blogger Val said...

Oh no! Did it scare the crud out of Caleb too? The OMG what did I just do look? lol

I'm glad you are ok, sounds super painful though. Make sure and ice it, although it's getting pretty late for that now. I'm sure your doc told you that right away. The ice numbs it too and that is heavenly. lol

Hope it heals very quickly.

 
At May 05, 2008 3:39 PM, Blogger Johanna said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your eye - darn dogs don't know they can hurt us!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for voting for my picture at 5 minutes for mom and taking the time to stop by my blog. :)

 
At May 07, 2008 4:04 PM, Blogger Tishia said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad it wasn't a bite because that probably could of been a lot worse than what this was. Not that this wasn't bad, but you know what I mean.

Beautiful flowers by the way :-) I hope you heal quickly Angie!

 
At May 10, 2008 7:16 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Anita: Yes, he does have all the right moves. Such a gem, I'm lucky to have found him.

Val: Caleb is oblivious to it all. It's sad really. It wasn't a bite after all and it's totally healed now. Just a tiny scar.

Johanna: Thanks for stopping by.

Tishia: Thanks, I know what you mean. The flowers were beautiful. Oh and yes, I'm all healed up now.

 
At May 12, 2008 4:13 PM, Blogger Michaelle said...

Ouch! Poor you, Poor Caleb! Glad you are ok! Thanks for visiting my blog! I will be back soon to browse some more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home