Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Saturday, July 26, 2008

No, I didn't run away

I know it's been quiet on my blog this week. As you can see, I haven't posted since Monday but there is a pretty good reason for that. I have been working on business focus and since this is a personal blog, it was put on the back burner this week while I worked some stuff out in my head and planned things out. In the last few weeks, many people have helped me to get back to what is most important and that is focusing on one thing until it does well. If you keep spinning your wheels like I have been doing, you might want to pick up a great resource that my mentor Kelly has available that has helped me. It's called The Power of a Focused Business

I know I'm just rambling, isn't that what this blog is called anyway? I do it so well but sometimes my thoughts just come out and don't make much sense. Oh well.

So after figuring out that my main focus needs to be my healthy weight loss and fitness website and blog, I got some much needed inspiration and help from my friend Lynn, owner of the most awesome website and forum called Self Starters Weekly Tips. If you have a business, you most definitely want to add her Internet Marketing blog to your reader or favorites. I can't even begin to thank her for all that she has done to help me. I can't wait to meet up with her again one day and treat her to a yummy sushi dinner.

Anyway, I have had so much guidance from other wonderful professionals who have helped get me back on track and take things step by step. I'll be sure to post about them in the coming weeks so they can be put in the spotlight too. Ya'll know who you are *wink*

So my first step has been to look for a new color scheme for my website and design for my blog, etc. Hubby is working on a header for me and hopefully this process will be complete within the next week. I have brainstormed my navigation menu categories and content and have been working on writing. Oh boy writing the hardest part for me (I really can't believe it because when I was in high school, I wrote a lot and loved it, wonder what changed? Same thing with organization but that is another post). I have been given some great writing tips lately and I know I just have to do it. I appreciate the time many have taken to help get me over the writing hurdle.

This is getting pretty long but I know some of you were wondering where I had run off to so I wanted to give you an update.

I have some reviews I need to post on this blog so be on the lookout for those.

We skipped Spin class today shhhh, slept in too late but we are thinking about going for a walk at the State Park later if the weather stays nice.

If you have any focus, writing or business tips in general, please feel free to post and share ideas. I can use all the help I can get and I'm sure there have to be others that could benefit too. My Twitter friends have really been there lately for me and I appreciate that.

Have a great weekend,
Angie

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2008 1:29 PM, Blogger cathy said...

Good for you Angie for getting focus on your business! I struggle with that too. I want to do half a dozen things at once & there's only so many hours in a day.

Wish I could give you some tips but I'm just learning myself. I'd be interested in knowing what writing tip you learned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home