Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wishes, wishes everywhere, please grant me mine

My online friend Deb blogged today about writing wishes and I was immediately drawn to post about mine. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with my websites or blogs because I just don't get the concept of article and content writing and it's various aspects like research, the outline and how to make it all come together. I need to add content desperately and I want to learn how to write it myself for now. I have PLR sitting on my computer that I need to use but I get so flustered that I don't do anything with it. Anyway....

Angie's 3 Writing Wishes
1) Someone to walk me (via phone) through the steps of research, outlining and writing an article and other content
2) Help coming up with daily topic ideas for my weight loss/fitness blog
3) Someone to help me take the topic ideas out of my head and get it on to paper

I do have to say that my online friend Eren has been a huge help to me by giving me article writing tips and ideas. I can't find her link at the moment to give her credit but I met her through Lynn Terry's awesome Internet Marketing webinars. Oh yes and Lynn, also asked for our 3-wishes and I was lucky enough to have a few people step up and offer me help.

So there you have it, my 3 Writing Wishes

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 09, 2008 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Angie - Adding content to your site/blog is easier than you think - you just have to do the first couple of articles and before you know it you will be on a roll - especially if you already have some PLRs - don't be overwhelmed - if you need help or hand holding in re-writing PLRs and also if you still need help on taking topics out of your head to get it on paper - let me know. I'd be happy to help - you know where to find me. Wishing you the best always!

 
At July 09, 2008 3:52 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Angie,

Another technique to use, which you'll find frequently on my blog, is this:

1)
Write a little paragraph of commentary and then post relevant content from one of the many article directories.

2)
Write a bit of commentary and post a brief portion of relevant content from another blog, then include a link directly back to the article on that blog. This builds relationships with other bloggers and paves the way for JVs or affiliate sales.

About 50% of my blog is other people's content, along with my commentary. I subscribe to Google Alerts for my keywords and often find blogs with relevant articles that way. You can create and pre-publish a week's worth of posts in less than an hour using this method-- once you've found the articles.

Note: some article directories have a limit for how many of their articles you use on one site per year. See the TOS for each directory.

I like Mary's idea of a Content MasterMind group. I'm game and will try to persuade Lynn, too.

Deb Gallardo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home