Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mr. Beams Stairlight Review

I was asked to do a review on the Mr. Beams Sensor Stair Light and happily agreed. Mr. Beams came with an instruction guide that was easy to understand unlike some product guides.

From the website:

Mounts Anywhere - No Wiring Required!

Weatherproof Design allows the Motion-Sensor Stair Light can be mounted outside or inside.

Perfect for lighting stairs, hallways, decks, patios, or to act as a children's night light.

Motion Sensor Activated: Once motion is detected, your Motion-Sensor Stair Light lights up brightly.

Light shuts off automatically if no motion is detected after 20 seconds or 1 minute (depending on the auto-shut-off mode setting) and returns to Low-Glow mode.

Low-Glow: Your Motion-Sensor Stair Light glows automatically when darkness is detected to show you its location in the dark. When motion is detected, the Stair Light emits a bright light to illuminate your path.

-Install in Minutes- No Wires!
-Insert 3 C Batteries
-Drill a hole through the two screw holes
-Drive screws into the mounting location
-Mount the Stair Light onto the screws
-Batteries last more than 1 year of normal use

We chose not to install the Mr. Beams Motion-Sensor stair light because we like to be able to use itaround the house if we need to. So far we have been using it in the bathroom and leaving it on top of the sink counter. It definitely solves the darkness problem when we get up in the middle of the night. Not only does it have a small glow all night, it lights up bright and shuts off to go back to a low glow when there is no motion.

The size of Mr. Beams is perfect but it is a bit heavy probably due to the batteries. I personally like it because there are no wires involved. I'm not the least bit technical and I believe even I could install the Mr. Beams light if I wanted to.

I have had the Mr. Beams light for over a month now and it's still going as strong as the day we put the batteries in it.

At $24.99, Mr. Beams is affordable and I would definitely recommend this product.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2008 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it nice and bright? That's the problem I have trying to find lights without wires. Like for closets and stuff. :)
Hope you're having a great weekend!

 
At August 16, 2008 5:56 PM, Blogger Angie said...

It is definitely bright when it senses motion but a very low glow otherwise. I really like it and I could definitely use one or two in our closet. I have those round ones that I have seen on TV already in there but they are not bright at all.

Kev and I are sick this weekend so we are just taking it easy. Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home