Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Blog Trip Day 3: Let's Eat



We very rarely go out to eat anymore since starting a more healthy lifestyle (you can follow more about that on my weight loss journal) but I will share some of our favorite places to eat. I would have to say my two all time favorite restaurants would be the local Chinese buffet and Hooters.

Here are some local restaurants you should try when you drop by for a visit.

Nancy's Pizza
Pick up or delivery, this little pizza joint has some yummy food. And all of their appetizers are baked. Yum! I'm bummed they no longer have their Marco Polo salad though because it was my favorite. But they do have great tasting pizza (thin for me) and the Chicken Club (oven baked breaded chicken tenders, fresh bacon, melted mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and creamy garlic sauce served on their homemade garlic bread) is a favorite around here too, for my step son and myself. Hubby's favorite is their "GODMOTHER" sandwich (oven baked breaded chicken tenders with red sauce and melted mozzarella cheese, served on homemade garlic bread).

Another pizza joint close by that we like is Chicago Classic Pizza. Pick up or delivery, they have tasty food as well. When I want to be really bad, I love their manicotti or ravioli and their hot buffalo shrimp. We don't eat here that often though.

Next on the list is one of our favorites, the Crystal Lake Rib House. Oh my can I get myself into some trouble here. Of course our favorite is their awesome ribs with corn on the cob, coleslaw, baked beans, fresh baked roll and honey butter (oh my!). Hot buffalo wings or crackers (chicken breast strips prepared Buffalo style in your choice of sauce, why hot of course) are on my 'bad' list of favorites.

The three places above are close to home.

Now we move on to one of hubby's favorites, Dog N Suds. This is a drive-in and lots of fun. They do a lot of fun things, the most popular being the Classic Car Cruise In every Saturday night. As your basic drive-in, you have various choices like the famous Coney Dog, Texas burger, root beer and more. I personally like their garden burger or fish sandwich.

I love Mexican food so Tacos El Norte wins hands down for me. They have a wide variety of choices (I love their burritos but they are HUGE so it's not something we get often). Then we move on to Yogi's Pizza. They have quite the variety, pizza, salads, Italian Beef & Sausage, Gyros and more. I like their Greek Salad and when I really want to be bad, I choose a gyro. One of my all time favorites.

One last restaurant we like to go to is called The Village Squire. They have a wide variety of foods too and we especially like one of their appetizers. It's a cheese that they set on fire and you eat with pita bread pieces. I tried loading their menu on their site to get the name of the appetizer but their pdf menu crashed my computer LOL! They do have yummy food so we would definitely take you here if you were to come and visit.

So there you have some of our local joints and some of my favorites. Hope you're having fun on your blog trip. I know I am!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At September 03, 2008 10:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I love me some Hooters!

A Daily Dose of Toni
MomDot

 
At September 03, 2008 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMM...wanna split a burrito? ;-)

Farrah from...
www.wifeandmomof3.wordpress.com
www.tbfreviews.wordpress.com

 
At September 03, 2008 10:44 AM, Blogger CynthiaK said...

Great looking eats! Will have to keep them in mind for our travels!

On with the Blog Trip...

 
At September 03, 2008 11:55 AM, Blogger Linda S said...

Dogs n Suds sound good. I can eat a good dog or 2 any day...

 
At September 03, 2008 12:16 PM, Blogger Charlene Juliani said...

Everything sounds so good, I full just thinking about it!

Blog tripper here :)

 
At September 03, 2008 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I totally missed the second day of the trip because of the chaos around my home. Wonder if I'll get to stay online long enough to play catch-up? hmmm

 
At September 03, 2008 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Hooters since '97! WOW what a flashback!

 
At September 03, 2008 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by for a quick bite. Everything sounds yummy. :)

 
At September 03, 2008 7:13 PM, Blogger Trish said...

Now I totally want pizza! Thanks for sharing.

 
At September 03, 2008 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm Garden Burgers. And way to go with the willpower for your weight loss! Eating out is my biggest downfall really.

I was just stopping by on the trip, thanks for checking mine out!

Steffie

 
At September 03, 2008 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!!

Pls visit my site to find out my favorite place to eat

 
At September 04, 2008 10:01 PM, Blogger ModernMommy said...

Well it sounds like you have some great places to eat in ill too. But if you ever make it out to AZ I'll take you to sushi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home