Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Mom's Affiliate Expo, don't miss it



I'm looking forward to the Mom's Affiliate Expo this Thursday-Saturday. There is no charge for this expo, there will be freebies and a chance to learn how to make money with affiliate marketing and if you have products to offer, you can also learn how to find great affiliates to promote your products.

The Friday night lead speaker is my personal mentor, Lynn Terry. Lynn is someone you really want to get to know and follow. Lynn is REAL and she shares information freely on her Internet Marketing Blog and also has a ton of great info on her website where you can learn Internet marketing strategies free. And if you are in the beginning stages Lynn is sharing how you can be starting a free online business in no time. Follow her and you'll be glad you did.

If you will be attending the Mom's Affiliate Expo, let me know. Here is an affiliate marketing article from Kelly that you might like to read.

Affiliate Marketing – What’s Stopping You?

Once upon at time, and it really wasn’t that long ago – I thought affiliate marketing was something for other people. People with big lists and massive websites. If you’re having similar thoughts, let me tell you now, it’s simply not true.

You don’t need to build a list first. You don’t need to have all the pieces of your business plan in place first. You can get started with affiliate marketing with very little. In affiliate marketing, it’s okay to start small.

Of course, you won’t be making millions in your sleep overnight. That’s not what affiliate marketing is really about. It’s about recommending products and services that you believe will serve others in return for a small commission.

You’ll start small and grow slow, but you’ll be able to build a steady income over time. The beauty of affiliate marketing is the residual effects that are only evident over the passage of time.

I know I had my doubts. For well over a year, I resisted the lure of affiliate marketing. It wasn’t hard to convince myself that it would be a waste of time. Anytime I thought about it, my mind would answer “Who are you kidding? Who is going to buy from me?”

Self-doubt could be keeping you from achieving all you were intended. It gives me shivers to think what my life might be like now if I hadn’t started. Would I have been able to support my son as a single mom over these past years without the income earned through affiliate marketing?

As long as you are willing to commit yourself to working your business and are willing to learn, there is no reason you can’t reap the benefits of affiliate marketing for yourself. It really is a simple matter of deciding that you want to try and then finding the resources that will help you make the journey.

Lack of funds is not a barrier to getting started with affiliate marketing. In many cases, you can get started with no money at all, simply sign up for the programs that appeal to you and start promoting to your existing audience. If you don’t already have a blog and domain name of your own, it might cost $20 to get up and running.

So what’s stopping you from getting started?

Kelly McCausey is the mom behind Work at Home Moms Talk Radio and is hosting Moms Affiliate Expo, a free opportunity for moms to learn more about affiliate marketing.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2008 9:06 PM, Blogger AudreyO said...

Waving hi Angie. I follow Lynne on Twitter and read everything she writes.

How you feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home