Angie Rambles

A blog of my thoughts from working at home to family life and everything in between

Sunday, September 07, 2008

When Online Friends Meet

Last weekend I had a great opportunity to meet up with two online friends, Patty from Inspired Web Works and Lauren from Greeting Card Workshops and Mom Chats. We had a blast at The Rainforest Cafe (I just love that place!) and we talked, ate, talked, ate, you know the drill. These ladies are so much fun. I'm so glad that Lauren and I were able to meet Patty before she moves. And of course Lauren and I plan to meet again really soon before the snow arrives here in IL. I think we'll plan to bring the hubby's along next time. That should be fun. Lauren and I had met once before and also had a great time. You can read about our 1st meet up in my March blog archives.

If you ever get the opportunity to meet your online friends, I highly recommend it. All of us have known each other online for over 5 years so it's not like we just met online yesterday LOL. I want to thank Anita from Mommy's Helper Community for having such a wonderful forum where we could all come together.

Here are two pictures from our fun visit. Lauren and Patty have pictures too so hopefully we'll get to see those soon. But for now, may I introduce you to the three of us. Thanks ladies, I really enjoyed our lunch (even though I ate too much ha ha).

Left to right: Angie, Patty, Lauren


Left to right: Patty, Lauren, Angie


Have you had the pleasure of meeting any online friends? If so, please do share your experience. Where did you go and who did you meet?

4 Comments:

At September 08, 2008 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!! And super thanks for the mention and kind word of MHC. I appreciate it!

So glad you girls got to do this before Patty moved! The three of you will now always have a whole other connection ;)

I've met a couple people offline that I've met online now. I did a series called - Anita's Day Out quite a while back and got to meet a few people. I can't wait to meet more though!

If you ever get the chance to meet a long time internet friend offline - I recommend it!

 
At September 09, 2008 9:31 PM, Blogger Bev said...

I'm so jealous!!!! I wanna meet you too!!!!

Hey, stop back over at my blog... I posted pictures of Scooter :(

Bev

 
At September 09, 2008 9:38 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Thanks for the comments ladies.

And you know Bev, I have wanted to meet you for years, same with Anita. How close are the two of you to Hershey Park? I am dying to go back there (used to go to Hershey, PA a lot when I lived in VA).

 
At September 09, 2008 9:44 PM, Blogger Bev said...

It's about 3 1/2 hours away from me... but definitely doable for a weekend trip :) I know Terry lives around there somewhere too, and several others from the board. We really should make a plan....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home